In this article, you will learn how to effectively write an email requesting updates on a job application. If you’re wondering how to politely inquire about the status of your application, we have got you covered. Read on to discover the best tips and a sample email template for your reference.
Table of Contents
What To Do Before Writing the Email
Before you start composing your email, take the following actions and make sure you gather the necessary information:
- Double-check the contact details of the employer or hiring manager.
- Review the job application submission deadline or any provided timeline.
- Identify the appropriate time to send the follow-up email (typically 1-2 weeks after the application).
- Note down any relevant details about the job position or application.
What to Include In the Email
When writing your email, include the following parts:
- Subject Line: Be clear and concise with your subject line. For example, “Request for Job Application Status Update.”
- Greeting: Address the recipient professionally, like “Dear [Hiring Manager’s Name],”
- Introduction: Start by mentioning where and when you applied for the job position.
- Express Your Interest: Reiterate your interest in the position and the company.
- Prompt for Updates: Politely ask for an update on the status of your application. Clearly mention the time frame since your submission.
- Thank You: Express gratitude for their time and consideration.
- Closing: Use a professional closing, such as “Sincerely” or “Best regards,” followed by your name and contact information.
Subject: Request for Job Application Status Update
Dear [Hiring Manager’s Name],
I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to inquire about the status of my job application for the [Job Position] at [Company Name]. I submitted my application on [Date of Submission], and I wanted to kindly request an update on the progress of the hiring process.
I remain enthusiastic about the opportunity to join [Company Name] and contribute to its success. I believe my skills and experience align well with the job requirements and company culture. I have been eagerly awaiting any updates regarding the application, and I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide me with any information available.
Thank you for considering my application. I understand the high volume of applicants you may be reviewing, but I would be grateful for any insights you can share. If there are any additional materials or references I can provide to support my application, please let me know.
When following up on a job application, it’s important to be professional, polite, and concise in your email. By including all the necessary elements and utilizing our provided email template, you can maximize your chances of receiving updates on your application status. Remember to remain patient and proactive in your job search, exploring other opportunities while waiting for a response.
Here are some additional tips:
- Only send a follow-up email once. Multiple inquiries may create a negative impression.
- Proofread your email to ensure it is free of grammatical errors or typos.
- Consider sending your email during business hours to increase the likelihood of a prompt response.
- Always maintain a professional tone throughout your email.